With the growing number of children diagnosed every day, our goal is to help these families engage together and give them hope, strength and encouragement to endure the challenges everyone in the family faces. Family retreats, social events, outings, workshops and more can help give these families the opportunity to strengthen their lives with the support, wisdom and encouragement of others who have experienced similar scenarios to theirs.
River City Region Focus: assisting childhood cancer families within a 100 mile radius of Hannibal, Missouri with needs not already met by other organizations. Transportation, food, supplies, local events, etc.
St. Louis Region Focus: assisting childhood cancer families, focusing on brain tumors and late-effects of their treatments.
Programs currently established:
- Spring – Hannibal Family Weekend Retreat focuses on childhood brain tumor families
- Summer – ARCH ‘Achieving Recovery from Cancer to Health’ Retreat focuses on young adult cancer survivors
- Fall – Hannibal Family Weekend Retreat focuses on pre-teen childhood cancer late-effects families
With your support, we can establish even more of the much needed programs and events that will give them hope, strength and encouragement to achieve their goals in life just as we strive to achieve the goals in our lives.
Childhood Cancer Facts:
- Each school day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- One in 330 children will develop cancer by age 20.
- Although the 5 year survival rate is steadily increasing, one quarter of children diagnosed with cancer will die 5 years from the time of diagnosis.
- Cancer remains the number one disease killer of America’s children – more than Cystic Fibrosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Asthma and AIDS combined.
- There are currently more than 270,000 childhood cancer survivors in the US.
- Late effects of childhood cancer treatment are common in survivors, and approximately one-third are moderate to severe.